Friday, January 27, 2006

BlogDrive User's Review

Another BlogDrive user's complaint, Allison writes for wabimysabi and has been featured on the main BlogDrive page as a featured subscribers before. Read it here.

She talks about her overall opinion with BlogDrive which both involves good and bad points, stressing on the "Page cannot be displayed" error issue which has been annoying me and (I'm pretty sure) many others as well. However, I think it can't be entirely blamed on BD because it may just be the connection problem on individuals, or the host server that BD is using. Nevertheless, it's really annoying.

Here are some interesting stuff she touch on:

I'm not sure what's going on behind the scenes of BlogDrive at the moment. If they were upgrading servers, or tweaking the features... surely it would be in their best interest to post a notice to that effect on the main page.

The Forum. What to say about the forum, except that one has to have an enormous set of balls and a bag of bravado to go and ask for assistance or feedback there. It scares me.

HAHA, ain't that true? But now since Christine and Andy is gone, everything is calm and peace. I assure you that you do not have to be afraid to post in the forum.

BlogDrive has better features than Blogger or LiveJournal, but frankly, if they had a tagboard on the main page, I wouldn't have signed up for their services back in the day, particularly if it were the apparent focal point of the page. In short, I think BD needs a bit of slick, detached professionalism to kick up it's image a notch or two. Am I nervous? A little bit. I want BlogDrive to succeed. I want BlogDrive to eventually kick Blogger's dauber into the dirt. I also don't want to lose all this pointless garbage I've written and become so attached to.

For the record, I am willing to help out BlogDrive in any way possible, and that includes not only renewing my account, but upgrading it as well. It still beats anybody else's blogging service hands down.

I feel you, I'm sure most people do but this is up to the Administrator of BlogDrive to make it happen.

References: BlogDrive... My .02, Unresolved / Unanswered Trouble Tickets,
Technorati Tags: BlogDrive, Customer Services, Blogger, LiveJournal, Xanga,

No comments: