Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Angry Blogdrive User

This dude sure sounds really angry:

Any problem? BD should've inform the users.
BD, if u cant figure out the problem, the least you can do is put up somekind of announcement about these problems/failures.

Rick is even more angry "
I'm sick of this!"

How many hours of frustration do we customers need to endure from Blogdrive? It's been 20 hours since I've been able to update my blog. Why does maintenance have to take longer here than at any other site host on the internet? This is adversely affecting my site and is bound to affect any potential business in the future. How can I be expected to have a news site if I can't offer news? The blog I'm paying $100 per year is always down, but the ad-supported ones seem to work. Can I transfer to a server that works? Why I keep thinking things will improve is really my own fault for having faith in Blogdrive. If anyone knows of other, more reliable hosts, please let me know. Helpee, do you care? Are things going to improve? Or are we content with these sporadic service levels. I'm not and I hope you're not, either.

Remember that there WAS a
BD status thread in the forum? it already dissappeared. I have no idea why the authorities decided to take it down despite having receive support from various users...

Sigh... The worst part of all is that the reason behind all this problem remains a mystery. It's is unknown if it's actually a server failure, overload or whatever other reasons.

Tags:
BlogDrive,

*Updates: Helpee
explained in the forum:

As with any technology based company, unexpected situations arise from time to time. We work diligently to resolve these situations.

Yesterday we experienced an unexpected situation. In order to resolve that situation with no data loss and keep blogs present, we temporarily put areas of the site in a Read-only mode. We have since resolved the situation. We've updated any entries that were made during that time. This event affected both subscribers and free sites equally. Knowing it was simply a matter of hours before the site would regain full functionality and that only certain areas were affected we felt it unnecessary to notify all.

We will try our best to stay on top of such issues. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

No comments: