Sunday, March 26, 2006

Minor WYSIWYG Hyperlink Bug

I noticed that the insert hyperlink button in WYSIWYG Entry Editor is a little buggy. Nothing serious really but I think someone should look into it.

First thing first, I'm not exactly happy that every time I want to insert a link, I'll have to Open A New Popup Window before I can insert the links. This is, on the surface not a big issue because it's easy to understand and it allows us to select whether if we want to open it in a new window or otherwise. But it takes a long time to open a new window, especially in Microsoft Internet Explorer and it will add up to the time if I want to insert many links all the time. I certainly do hope that Blogdrive will just make it a normal javascript prompt function rather than a new popup window.



Secondly the bug, which is why this entry is written. To insert a link, you basically highlight some text and click on the hyperlink button. A popup window will come up and you can just fill in the details for your link. It works fine most of the time.

Most of the time... It doesn't work if your selected text involves a '

Yes, an aprostrohpy. This is evidently a javascript error, Blogdrive ought to add a filter to escape this aprostrophy so that it'll work.

Like I said, nothing major.

Tags: Blogdrive, WYSIWYG, Editor, Hyperlink, Bug, Popup,

No comments: